The Cardano Foundation has earned a spot in the Crypto Valley Top 50 report for the third time. This report is released by the Zug-based investment company Crypto Valley Venture Capital (CV VC) in collaboration with PwC’s Strategy and IT partner inacta. The first report was released in 2018 and is published quarterly to list and study the largest and most important companies in Switzerland and Liechtenstein involved in the blockchain space.
The latest report has included the Cardano Foundation as one of the six ‘unicorns’ (an entity valued at more than US$1bn) based in Switzerland and also listed the Foundation in the Top 50 blockchain organizations. Figures also indicate that optimism in Crypto Valley have returned following the so-called crypto winter of last year. These Top 50 companies listed by the CV VC report have doubled their valuations in the first half of 2019, and the ecosystem has grown in both the number of companies active in distributed ledger technology and in the number of professionals employed in this crypto-friendly nation.
Nathan Kaiser, Chairperson of the Cardano Foundation, says:
“This positive development indicates maturity and growth, and we are proud to be a part of it. What we need next is to continue collaborating and working together with others in the industry towards a favorable regulatory and business environment.”
In support and participation of fostering the adoption and beneficial regulation of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, the Cardano Foundation is an active member of:
- the International Association of Trusted Blockchain Applications (INATBA), under the European Commission, that bring together developers and DLT projects with regulators and policy makers to bring blockchain technology to the next stage;
- Global Digital Finance (GDF)’, an industry membership body that promotes the adoption of best practices for crypto assets and digital finance technologies—through the development of conduct standards;
- the Algorithm Contract Types Unified Standards (ACTUS) project whose ultimate goal to create a standard framework for smart contracts in the finance industry;
- the Crypto Valley Association (CVA), an independent, government-supported association established to participate in the global efforts to foster blockchain and cryptographic technology innovation and adoption;
- the Swiss Association for Standardization (SNV), under the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the European Committee for Standardization (CEN).
Read the full CV VC Top 50 report here.
ABOUT CV VC: CV VC was founded by Lakeside Partners, an experienced startup investor and advisor with its own well-established ecosystem, including a co-working space, startup competitions, industry summits and strong ties to Swiss politicians and institutions. Find out more: https://cvvc.com/index.php
About the Cardano Foundation: The Cardano Foundation is an independent body based in Zug, Switzerland, with core responsibilities to help oversee and supervise the development of Cardano, the world’s first third-generation blockchain, and its ecosystem. The Foundation is committed to protecting and promoting Cardano, the first blockchain platform developed for smart contracts using a scientific philosophy, and to advocate on behalf of the users and community of the protocol. The Foundation works alongside Input Output HK (IOHK), who are contracted to design and build Cardano, and EMURGO, the for-profit arm working to boost the Cardano ecosystem through commercial ventures. The three entities are wholly separate in governance, ownership and leadership. Find out more: www.CardanoFoundation.org